woensdag 21 november 2012

Game of Thrones 1.2: The Kingsroad

Hij is klein, dapper en ondeugend. In tegenstelling tot vaak voorkomende filmmidgets weet Peter Dinklage zich als Tyrion Lannister zeer natuurlijk te manifesteren tussen al die 'groten'.
Met als voordeel dat hij van nobele bloede is en daardoor moeilijk aan de kant kon worden geschoven. Hij legt het zelf uit.
"What you see is a dwarf. If I had been born a peasant, they might have left me out in the woods to die. Alas, I was born a Lannister of Casterly Rock. Things are expected of me. My father was the Hand of the King for twenty years. Until my brother killed him. Life is full of these little ironies. My sister married the new king, and my repulsive nephew will be king after him. I must do my part for the honor of my house; wouldn't you agree? But how? Well, my brother has his sword, and I have my mind. And a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone. That's why I read so much, Jon Snow."
Alvast eentje genoeg (zelf)relativeringsvermogen heeft in een wereld vol hebzucht.
Game of Thrones 1.2: The Kingsroad. Timothy Van Patten. 2011

Geen opmerkingen: